ASANA LAB | Corpse pose with Yoga Nidra
TIME & LOCATION
ASANA LAB is a series of Breathe and Live workshops created especially for you to deconstruct, analyse and master your yoga asanas.
This month we focus on 1 pose considered by many to be the most challenging one: the SAVASANA and... we're going to turn it into practice in a Yoga Nidra session - the yogic sleep is a state of consciousness between waking up and sleeping, like the "going-to-sleep" stage, typically induced by a guided meditation. It's going to be relaxing!
The Asana Lab workshops are designed to equip you with the theoretical knowledge and give you plenty of time to apply it in practice on your mat. We are focusing on our anatomy, right alignment, asana transitions and the meaning believed to be behind each pose. After participating in the workshop, you will feel confident during your next yoga practice and you will know how to do your asana well.
What to expect?
- We will begin with talking. Not a monologue though, but talking ;) We will chat about the challenges you usually face with our theme asana and the reasons why you decided to attend the workshop.
- Then there will be more talking (this time from our side) with a little bit of presenting. We will share with you the theory behind each asana, we will look at it through the anatomical lenses and we will explain why specific elements are important.
- After so much talking, you might lose your focus, so we will bring it back by 5 minutes break and a short yoga practice aiming in warming our bodies up and getting them ready for a thorough practice of our main asanas.
- Finally we will carefully explain step by step asana's alignment, break down all elements and apply the theory in practice. We will focus on each one of you and share with you the most important elements you should focus on.
- Towards the end we will experiment with some fun transitions and end our practice with the well deserved savasana.
- To wrap things up we will share in our circle things that we learnt or things that we would like to continue focusing on and we will open the floor for chit-chatting, because... why not ;) That's what the community is about ;)
Well... enough talking! Time to sign up and feel free to spread a word to your friends - the more the merrier!
See you on the mat!
More info: Beginners & intermediate levels, workshop led in English.
Disclaimers: By signing up you agree to our school's terms and conditions. Please consult your doctor before beginning your yoga practice. Never force a pose. Stop if you feel pain or intense discomfort, as you practice at your own peril. Treat your body with kindness and love.
- Community Free Pass€0€00€0
- Donation for the practice€10€100€0